With access development below mine call, Barminco reversed the situation to deliver to Agnew (GoldFields), productivity improvements through increased output and cost reduction within one year.
Shotcreting and Development
Barminco generates production efficiencies by reducing the number of jumbos required by 67% from three to one and by increasing the development rate by over 160%.
The overall result was a reduction of maintenance costs and the achievement in the life of the mine support.
MMG - Dugald River
Barminco's high speed development at the Dugald River project achieves new development record and puts project 30% ahead of schedule.
- MMG's Dugald River project in Northern Queensland is one of the world's largest and highest grade knownundeveloped lead-zinc-silver deposits.
- Barminco was awarded a two and a half year contract to advance the project’s two exploration declines andestablish production levels and other infrastructure in February 2012.
Barrick Gold achieved a substantially improved cost performance as a result of a 29% improvement in development advance which in turn extended its mine life after appointment of reports Barminco.
AGA - Moab Gold
Barminco applied experience and innovative drilling techniques to deliver a complex drilling program proving it is possible to steer the direction of a hole to hit a small target.
Mincor Resources - Otter Juan
Barminco’s directional drilling techniques help realise the true potential of the Otter Juan reserves in the Kambalda Nickel District.
LEAN Improvement Program
Introduction of Barminco’s LEAN program in mid 2012 increases development and production performance. First site records improvements of 20% and 30% respectively.
- LEAN Program introduced in 2012 to optimise all facets of the Barminco business.
- The program standardises business systems and instills a culture of continuous improvement throughout the organisation.
- It focuses on addressing variances on an ongoing basis with appropriate corrective actions and reviewing major causes of downtime to develop Root-Cause analysis projects for developing permanent solutions.
Diesel Emission Management Setting OH&S Best Practice
Barminco is at the forefront of setting the standard in Health and Safety best practice and production efficiency.
- Diesel particulate matter (DPM) produced from Diesel Engines has been identified as a major H&S in underground mining.
- Its ultra fine particles are a complex mixture of chemicals such as black carbon, metallic ash and sulphates which can be very harmful.
- Existing solutions can monitor, manage and treat the larger particle fraction of DPM relatively effectively but DPM can occur down to 5nm (nanometres) and at this size, health effects are greatest, but monitoring and treatment can be difficult.