Occupational Health and Safety
At Barminco we see excellence in safety as a critical success factor in delivering value to our stakeholders.
We believe that all tasks can be completed safely and that all incidents are avoidable. We are committed to the long term goal of operating an injury free business.
To achieve this we will:
- Build a team of competent, engaged people through establishing and promoting safe behaviours in our employees, sub-contractors and visitors and ensuring all employees are appropriately trained and competent at the tasks we ask them to do.
- Build a robust Safety Management System through the development and continuous improvement of our Integrated Management System (IMS) so we can:
- Manage Risks through the appropriate application of skills and processes.
- Comply with our legislative obligations and industry standards.
- Monitor our progress and celebrate our successes, so that we are seen by our stakeholders to represent best practice in underground mining Safety and Sustainability through the quality of our people, systems, behaviours and the outcomes we deliver.