Client: MMG Limited
Commencement Date: 17th January 2015
Scope: Barminco was awarded a three-year contract in January 2015 to perform development and cable bolting activities. In 2017, Barminco was awarded an extension to the contract out to 2021 in line with MMG Dugald River contract.
Services: Development and Cable Bolting
Rosebery is an underground polymetallic base metal mine located in the township of Rosebery in Tasmania, and owned by MMG Limited. The operation is located approximately 300 kilometers north-west of Hobart and 125 kilometers south of Burnie. It has operated continuously since 1936. The mine an integral part of the community and the majority of Rosebery employees are local to the area. Barminco is responsible for the mechanised underground mining at Rosebery.
Barminco contact was awarded this contract at a time when development was a constraint to the mine plan, developed stocks were low due to several seismic events, the mine was ventilation constrained, and there was a poor contractor/client relationship. Barminco site management team has turned the site around in 3 Years and has worked well with MMG to change the site culture and contract performance. Barminco has a close relationship with MMG and has renegotiated with MMG to suit a dynamic mine plan and has delivered safe cost-effective metres. MMG reduced development requirements from January 2016, scheduling 450 meters per month. Barminco has consistently met monthly targets averaging 481 meters per month to November 2017.
- Proactively worked alongside the client on the mine schedule
- Set realistic expectations and tracked the requirements that were needed to make a winning team and strong relationship
- Integrated mine planning process working with MMG using the7/21 planning and tracking process and continually shared all information
- Brought in an experienced management and leadership team to guide and lead the development group and stand united with MMG management group
- Advised on ground support changes to help assist increasing development rates
Significant Site Achievements:
- No Lost Time Injuries having been recorded since contract commencement
- Achieved over 1,800 development meters over a 3-month period and completed this milestone injury free.
- Underground mine development is ahead of schedule with approximately 17,100 meters of advance being completed to 30 November 2017.